The Comm and Gender Spot

Monday, June 05, 2006

Wow, Another Award

I was notified today that I had won the Harold and Elaine Fisher Fellowship. It is an award that is given to honor a PhD student in Mass Communications. It carries with it a financial award of $1200.

I must admit that I am absolutely amazed by my good luck as of late when it comes to winning awards. I have a top three student paper in the Feminist Scholarship Division at the annual conference coming up in Dresden, Germany for the International Communication Association. At the same conference I will be receiving a graduate student teaching award from the Instructional/Developmental Division. I also recently won a paper award given by the Institute for Communication Research here in the Department of Telecommunications at Indiana University.

My only worry is that maybe I've peaked too soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home