The Comm and Gender Spot

Monday, December 04, 2006

Things Are Starting to Calm

I have been very lax in my blogging as of late. However, my fall semester finally seems to be settling down some. Must be because it’s about to end.

This is the last week of classes. I’ve finished all of my lectures. All that remains is for the class to finish its final assignment, which I will receive on Wednesday. Then I will have a little more than a week to read 35, 5-10 page papers. In the spring I revert back to being a research assistant, this time for the Telecommunications Department chair Dr. Walter Gantz.

My dissertation is now in full swing. So far I’ve run 25 subjects in one week. I am now to what I consider the most fun part-pulling all of the data together as it comes in and making sense of it. I’ll be working on this throughout winter break and into the spring semester, but you can bet I’ll be having a good time doing it.

But what this semester has done to me is prevent me from reporting here on the various developments that I enjoy writing about: interesting stories coming out of the sports world, developments in the television programming strategies of the major broadcast networks, and just random yet interesting stories that I read about. I do plan to rectify that and get back on a regular posting schedule ASAP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home