The Comm and Gender Spot

Friday, July 06, 2007

Begging for Blog Hits

For those of you that don’t know, I’m tracking your being here. If you notice at the very bottom of this page you’ll see an item that says “Tracked for free by statcounter.com.”

I only started using this because I was getting replies for individuals referring to me as Jimmy. Only my family calls me Jimmy, and I was wondering who it could be.

I’ve been keeping a list of the states within the United States that have visited my blog as well as the various countries. Within the last 24 hours I’ve had hits from as close as Indianapolis and from far away as Russia and Thialand. (Can my reader in Moskva in the Russian Federation tell me why you were so interested in the upcoming ABC fall line-up?)

But now it has become a small obsession of mine.

My obsession is this: I want hits from all 50 states and Washington, DC. I’m so close. I’ve been waiting for the past two months on four hold-outs.

I’m hoping that by mentioning those states here maybe someone will accidentally land on my blog by doing a search for their state.

Hopefully I can get hits from Alaska, Mississippi, Nevada and Wyoming by making this plea. Once I get hits from these four, this quest will be complete.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • Do they have computers in Mississippi?

    I bet that I can give you a formula to get the hits within 10 days.

    Every morning, go to the Web site of the largest newspaper in each state. Find the most controversial story on each "cover" page and write a short post about it making sure to use relevant key words.

    I almost guarantee that it will work ... especially if the stories have anything to do with sex.

    In other news, dramatically increase Blog traffic by writing about the banker's formula on Deal or No Deal.

    By Blogger Samuel D. Bradley, at 11:44 AM  

  • It looks as if wolves are making news in Wyoming. According to an Associated Press story on Casper Star Tribune:

    "CHEYENNE -- The Defenders of Wildlife, Sierra Club and other groups say the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is bowing to political pressure in proposing to make it easier for states in the northern Rocky Mountains to kill wolves to protect other wildlife and domesticated animals.

    "Fish and Wildlife Service spokesmen and state officials, however, say the existing rule governing when states can kill wolves sets an impossibly high standard. They say politics has nothing to do with the proposed change."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM  

  • Hello from Wyoming.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 PM  

  • Thanks for the idea Sam. I'll give it a shot.

    And thanks for the visit Wyoming!

    By Blogger IUAngelini, at 1:50 PM  

  • jimmy, i read your blog from truckee, california, which is basically west reno, nevada. does that count???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home