The Comm and Gender Spot

Friday, January 13, 2006

Add Another One to My Schedule

Add another reality show to my growing list of programs that I’m a fan of.

I watched the first season of the WB’s Beauty and the Geek and was pretty amused. I decided last night to give its second season premiere a shot, but I had to do so via video because it overlapped with Dancing with the Stars.

It was uproariously funny. The geeks are even geekier than last season. You have your requisite geek who spends his Friday night’s playing Dungeons & Dragons, but some are just downright out of touch with the rest of the world. Ankur, the 22-year old MIT grad has been quoted as saying that he is smarter than 100% of people in America.

Then we come to the beauties. How can a viewer not laugh when a producer asks one of these women what their IQ is and she says “C which is like a 3.5”? Or when asked where roast beef comes from they say “a pig, and some from a horse.” I had to pause the program I was laughing so hard.

But then there’s Tyson. I must say that I found him to be amazing. He brought a Rubik’s cube and had one of the women play with it and mix all of the colors up. When it was given back to him he took a minute to examine the cube. Then he realigned all of the colors while holding it BEHIND HIS BACK! That’s right. He looked at the cube for about a minute, memorized what it looked like, and then held it behind his back and realigned the cube colors back together quickly. That is just amazing.

Another great program that I recommend to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home