The Comm and Gender Spot

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My Favorite Gift

For Christmas this year I received many great gifts. On DVD I received the fifth season of The Sopranos and the first season of Fame, a great pair of New Balance tennis shoes, a brand new Crock-Pot, and a chocolate fondue fountain. But my favorite gift by far is a Sirius satellite radio receiver and boombox.

I must admit that I was a bit reluctant to pay for radio. But, in truth, I am one of the million or so people who wanted Sirius in order to follow Howard Stern. Though I seem like an unlikely fan of Stern, most of the time I do find him very amusing. I was very disappointed when he was removed from Indianapolis radio a few years back. Sirius gave me an opportunity to hear him again, though at a price.

With Stern not hitting Sirius until January 9th I’ve had an opportunity to peruse Sirius to see how good the service really is. I have heard great music, tons of interesting news and talk radio (which is lacking on local radio), and some really good sports coverage. I've even found myself listening to Martha Stewart's two stations. I have become really impressed by what Sirius is carrying.

I asked for a Sirius radio receiver specifically so that I could listen to Howard Stern but have fallen in love with the entire package.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home