The Comm and Gender Spot

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Possibly the Best Movie of 2005

This past Friday I took three hours and went to the movies. I saw an excellent movie that I would like to recommend to all: Steven Spielberg’s Munich.

I have a great interest in the Olympic Games. (Any regular reader here knows that.) Munich tells the story from the days after the 1972 Summer Olympic Games in Munich, Germany. Eleven members of the Israeli Olympic team were held hostage by the Palestinian terrorist group Black September. During a botched rescue attempt Black September killed all eleven hostages.

The movie follows Mossad agents assigned to track down and kill the eleven members of Black September responsible for the killing of the Olympic athletes.

This drama is so well acted and Spielberg does his best job that I have seen in many movies. Though I knew a bit of this story before going in, I was on the edge of my seat watching how these Mossad agents, supposedly with the endorsement of then Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir, tracked down and dealt with the members of Black September.

It was, quite literally, the best movie that I have seen all year. I highly recommend anyone and everyone to go see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home