The Comm and Gender Spot

Sunday, May 07, 2006

That's the Best?

Anyone who regularly reads this blog knows that I don’t usually tackle political topics. I’m not exactly sure why. With that being said, there was a story released today that I felt the need to comment on.

This past week President George W. Bush was interviewed by Bild am Sonntag, a weekly German newspaper. The interviewed was published in today’s edition.

President Bush was asked what the worst moment has been since January 2001, when he assumed the position of President. Unsurprisingly his response was when the hijacked planes crashed into the Pentagon and the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.

What surprised me was President Bush’s response when asked what his best moment has been. He responded, “You know, I’ve experienced many great moments and it’s hard to name the best…I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound (3.402 kilos) perch in my lake.”

Is he serious? In 5 ½ years the very best moment has been when he caught a fish? You’d think he might say something about the capture of Saddam Hussein, or some political or international success he may have had. But catching a perch?

I think this speaks volumes about our president and his terms in office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home