The Comm and Gender Spot

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Eight Done, Ninth Coming Up

I’ve been reflecting back on my time at Indiana University lately. Next week marks my fifth year as a graduate student and my ninth overall as an IU student. That seems like such an incredibly long time.

When I first moved to Indiana back in 1997 I had no idea what kind of a path I was going to take. Who knew back then that I would find a field that I would fall in love with that I now hope to work in for the rest of my life? And not only that, but I actually seem to be succeeding and excelling within it.

As I enter what will probably be my last year at IU I wonder what path my life will take at this time next year. It will definitely be both an exciting and scary time. I am really looking forward to it.

That is, as long as I can get this infernal dissertation done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home