The Comm and Gender Spot

Monday, December 04, 2006

More Bite the Dust

I haven’t had much to say about the fall television season lately. I can report that all of the freshman series that I had not previously discussed here I this blog have either been picked up for full season runs or at the very least some additional episodes in excess of their original order.

That is, all freshman series except for one: The Nine.

The Nine was a very inventive series following nine characters that are linked together through their experiences during a bank robbery. The Nine had the coveted Wednesday at 10pm slot following ABC’s hit series Lost, but were unable to capitalize on the audience. I must admit that I gave the show a shot and enjoyed the first couple of episodes that I watched. It was well written, acted, and put together. But there wasn’t really anything there to keep me tuning in each and every week. I gave up on it after week three. While it hasn’t been officially cancelled, The Nine has been pulled from ABC’s schedule for the time being.

Also biting the dust is a midseason replacement. That’s right. A series picked to replace a cancelled series has too been canceled. CBS’ cancelled Smith early on. They recently replaced it with 3 Lbs, a series about neurosurgeons, and it was cancelled after three airings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home