The Comm and Gender Spot

Saturday, July 28, 2007

That's Doctor to You!

Has it really been two weeks since I last posted to my blog? It sure doesn’t seem like it. But the last two weeks have been so hectic and busy; it makes sense why I let it get away from me.

On July 17th I successfully defended my dissertation. It was a grueling 2 ½ hours, but it was an experience I’ll never forget. But it didn’t end there.

For the last 10 days I’ve been working on revisions. I had to basically rewrite two entire chapters. But my dissertation benefited from every rewrite. It really is a much better document now.

Yesterday I turned in all the required paperwork to the University Graduate School here at IU. Today I uploaded a pdf version of my dissertation. And now I’m done. It’s now 100% official. I have a Ph.D. and I am now Dr. Angelini.

And none too soon, I might add. After spending the last 10 years here in beautiful Bloomington, Indiana I am off to Newark, Delaware on Tuesday. I start my new job in the Department of Communication at the University of Delaware this fall. It’s a scary yet exciting time. I’m leaving behind so many great people and great memories, and I can only hope that my future in Newark holds much of the same.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home