The Comm and Gender Spot

Saturday, July 01, 2006

I'm Back!

I’ve been back from Europe for a few days and I just realized that I hadn’t posted anything about by trip. I guess it’s about time that I let everyone know how it went.

It was great! The flights to Germany were better than I expected. After landing in Frankfurt there was a train ride to Dresden. It was my very first train ride ever, and I found the experience pretty enjoyable. Too bad the scenery between Frankfurt and Dresden isn’t the best, but it was still good for my first train ride.

The conference in Dresden was fun, though the conference center was poorly air conditioned. Dresden was particularly humid while the International Communication Association’s conference was going on, and I think many people didn’t enjoy their time there because of that.

Many of my friends and mentors at Indiana University had a good showing at the conference. In addition to presenting many pieces of interesting research, fellow graduate students Byungho Park and Seungjo Lee won the top student paper award for the Information Systems division. Also, Julia Fox, Byungho Park, and Annie Lang authored one of the top papers overall in that same division. And Annie Lang was named an ICA Fellow, which is a definite honor.

After Dresden I spent a few days in Prague. The city has a charm all of its own. While it is definitely a tourist destination, many of its sights don’t seem to have lost their charm. The castle there is beautiful, the synagogues are magnificent, and the food there was some of the best I’ve had in a long time. It was definitely a great city to visit.

Speaking of food, I thought that I had completely blown my diets while away. Fortunately I only gained four pounds while I was gone. I am now working towards losing that weight as soon as I can.

As I think of more stories from this trip, I will definitely post them. And soon I will have some pictures to share as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home