The Comm and Gender Spot

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Phobias

I always find it interesting what my TIVO thinks I would like to watch and then records for me. One recent program it recorded had me laughing, and it wasn't even a sitcom.

I came home the other day to find an episode of Maury recorded. I don't typically watch Maury, but I didn't have anything else to watch so I gave it a chance. The topic was something that I thought might actually be interesting. Guests were there to face their phobias.

The first woman suffers from ornithophobia, which is the fear of birds. She admits that it's been a debilitating fear that has severly affected her life. But when a Maury staff member brought out a small bird she went crazy. It was one of the funniest things that I've seen on TV in a long time.

She was followed by two more guests who had some of the strangest phobias I've ever heard of. One was afraid of mustard and the other was afraid of pickles. I swear that they had to be faking, and their reactions to staffers bringing out mustard and pickles were ridiculous.

I'm still laughing thinking about it. I was fortunate to find video of all three women online and attached them below. The first clip contains the women who are afraid of birds and mustard. The second is of the woman afraid of pickles. See the clips for yourself and decide if their fears are real or not.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home