The Comm and Gender Spot

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Walk Down Memory Lane Through Cartoons

I was searching for some video this weekend on YouTube. Specifically I was looking for propaganda cartoons from World War I or World War II. I found some interesting ones from World War II featuring Daffy Duck and Superman. (Click on the character and you can see what I found.) But I also found a piece of video that made me feel very nostalgic.

I’m 33 years old, soon to be 34, and am very much a child of the 80s. I love 80s music, have a lot of favorite movies from the 80s, and miss a lot of the TV programs that aired during the 80s. I especially miss the cartoons of that era. From widely popular shows G.I. Joe, Pac-Man, Thundercats, and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe to the lesser known cartoons like Danger Mouse, M.A.S.K., Jem, and Captain Planet and the Planeteers, I loved nearly every one that I saw. So imagine my surprise when in my YouTube search I found that someone had placed a variety of video montages featuring back-to-back-to-back opening sequences of 1980s cartoon series. I was in heaven over this find and have watched it more than once. And imagine my surprise when I rediscovered a few shows that I had forgotten about and even a couple that I never have seen before.

I now want to share these videos with you, and hope you find some of the same enjoyment that I did. And I also hope you agree that the just don’t make great cartoons for kids like this anymore.













Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home