The Comm and Gender Spot

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Go see NASCAR, Get a Disease?

I freely admit that I know very little about NASCAR. It may be the sport that currently has the second largest fanbase in the United States, but you can’t count me among them.

But I read a news story this morning that had to deal with NASCAR that I just knew I had to write about.

Democratic Representative Bennie Thompson from the state of Mississippi recently advised staffers that had attended a recent race at the Talladega Superspeedway and were planning on attending a Nextel Cup race at Lowe’s Motor Speedway that they should be vaccinated before going. Vaccinated for what you might ask? To protect them from Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Influenza.

Now I understand that when you get any large group together that there is a possibility of illness being spread. But vaccinations?

What does this government official from the state of Mississippi really think of NASCAR races? He must believe that they are just breeding grounds for viruses that are easily spread by the dirty and sick people that attend them.

What a horrible opinion.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home