The Comm and Gender Spot

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Another Great Film

Not too long ago I was extolling the virtues of what I thought was the greatest film of 2005: Steven Spielberg’s Munich. While I still think that Munich is a great film, I saw a movie Sunday evening that I believe equals it in nearly ever way.

Brokeback Mountain, the story of two Wyoming cowboys who fall in love, was one of the best films that I have seen in many years. I was unsure of the cast, but the acting was superb. Both of the supporting female actresses, Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway, were awesome. But the two leads, Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal, just blew me away.

The scenes, which were actually shot in Calgary I believe, were gorgeous. Director Ang Lee did a great job.

I can’t stress enough in words how great this film truly is.

I would highly recommend that anyone going to the movies over the next few weeks choose either Brokeback Mountain or Munich. You can’t go wrong with either film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home