The Comm and Gender Spot

Friday, July 28, 2006

Geico

I'm often struck by some of the odd concepts that advertisers use promote their product. Often times while watching television I find myself wondering what they were thinking and if what I had just watched will push someone to try what it is that they were selling.

And then other times I see an advertisement and find it extremely clever. This happened just last week when I first saw the new campaign for Geico insurance. Two of the advertisements from this campaign are below. While I enjoyed the one featuring Charo, the one featuring Little Richard makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.

Why can't more advertisements that attempt to entertain be like these, using a simple concept that is actually funny?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home