The Comm and Gender Spot

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

YouTube's Mesmerizing Tina

I know. Two posts in one day. I can't remember the last time I did that.

Anyway, today I was sent a link to the video below on YouTube. The person that sent it to me found it on PerezHilton.com.

I find this girl's video a little odd, yet it was mesmerizing. I couldn't help but watch it all the way through. I guess I should look up Tina's YouTube channel and see what else she has posted. I find the fact that this young girl, who seems to have some sort of a disability (my guess is possibly some hearing loss based on how she speaks), has the courage to post her videos pretty enlightening. But by putting herself out there like this she has started to get some very negative comments to her posts. And Perez Hilton himself is ridiculing her.

But it leaves me wondering if this really is what YouTube was intended for. Or is this just an unfortunate result of the technology and the web site being available to anyone.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • found this entry searching for someone's opinion on Tina (somehow, YouTube comments just don't count). I'm with you - this is sort of the dark side of YouTube. Although, the girl is resilient (and perhaps, a bit delusional) and I don't know how much Perez Hilton can really pop her bubble. But she is exploiting herself more than she realizes, undermining her parents (they somehow found out and forced her to take her videos down and added them on a different name, declaring herself 'too sneaky' for her parents), and on a recent video flashed a good portion of her boobs while inquiring from everyone whether or not they think she's sexy (this video was promptly flagged and removed, but not before Perez saw it & posted a reaction video complete with reenactments). Anyway, it doesn't help that she seems like a little fart, an easy target for hates-spewing netizens everywhere. She does seem to have earnest fans, though, so good for her I guess. Hope she doesn't wind up in need of therapy for this fiasco.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home